Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Healthcare and Other 2008 Election Issues

For the past seven years, politics (and naturally, the federal budget) have revolved around foreign policy and domestic security. But you have to ask yourself -- does it make sense to spend billions to protect a country from nuclear or biological warfare if a considerable percentage of its population will die early from a lack of adequate health care?

I don't think so.

I think that the lack of health care is the largest domestic problem that our country faces today. Sarah and Anoop have already demonstrated the many complications present in our current system and I am personally thankful that so many of the candidates for the 2008 Presidential Election have made changing it an important part of their platform.

That being said, I am curious as to what other people think are the central issues in this election. Any opinions?

No comments: